Sunday, December 6, 2009
It's Cold Outside
I am not a winter person! The snow is pretty and all, but I wish I only had to see it for a week. We drove down to American Fork yesterday for Brigham's baptism. It was a nice day. Our drive home was fine until we started our descent through the canyon. The road was snow packed and it was snowing. Visibility was not too good, especially as it got darker. We made it home about 6:00. We found out that a truck with two boys and three young men leaders from our ward had a head on collision earlier that day. One boy had a concusion and a perforated bowel. He was operated on last night and will be in the hospital until Wednesday or Thursday. One leader has a separated sternum, and one had internal bleeding. The driver was banged up but okay for now. He had to be cut out of the truck. The other car of boys was ahead of them, so they turned around and came back. The one leader is a retired policeman, and when he saw the wreck he thought someone would be dead. We are sure they were protected and blessed to all be alive. One of the boys came out of it pretty good and was even able to come to Sacrament meeting today and pass the sacrament. Josh would have been on that same trip if he hadn't been speaking at the baptism. Since he is our accident prone child, we are grateful he was not in the truck. We are trying to think of ways we can help the others or what we could get for them to help them. It was an emotional meeting today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I hope the boys and leaders are healing well. I'm also happy to hear that your son was not with them.
ReplyDelete