Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas Is Coming

Have a Merry Christmas everyone! We have started making some of our Christmas holiday favorites and came up with a new cookie that is yummy and festive.

Josh made some cookies one day from a chocolate cake mix. They were yummmmy.
I love the Candy Cane Hershey Kisses. I had him mix up some of the cookie dough and gave him a bag of the candy cane kisses. We put the kisses on right after the cookies came out of the oven, and the kisses melted down to round circles that still have red and white stripes; very cute and so tasty. We really loved these and will make some more for our Christmas Eve "Snack." (It really is more like a feast, but the word "snack" makes us feel like less calories are involved)

Use 2 chocolate cake mixes 4 eggs and 1 cup vegetable oil. Mix together until it looks like this:



Roll into balls, then roll in granulated sugar. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.

Remove cookies from oven and place an unwrapped Candy Cane Hershey Kiss on the center top of each cookie.

We also love grandma Marie's Raspberry Honey Butter, so we are making some for gifts this year. It is the Lion House Recipe. We use freezer raspberry jam made with the MCP pectin recipe.

One pound softened butter, 8 oz. honey, 8 oz. raspberry jam, 1 tsp. vanilla

Whip butter until light and fluffy. Whip in honey then jam and vanilla. Keep refrigerated.
I found some little containers at IKEA to put the honey butter in.


Juliana did her best to butter up Santa. She was so cute. She gave him a big hug and hung on tight. Do you think he will overlook her naughtiness this week?? I think so too. He asked her what she wanted for Christmas. She replied, "presents." He asked, what kind of presents, and she said "pink presents." He thought that was pretty vague but easy enough.

1 comment:

  1. Yum, yum. I made some chocolate cookies this past week from a devils food cake mix and they tasted just like brownies, but were cookies. I wish I had thought of putting the kisses on them. You are such a fun cook. I wish I could have seen Juliana with Santa. TOO CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete