Sunday, December 6, 2009

It Is Still Cold Outside!

Shredded Sweet Pork

I love this stuff. If you like those restaurants that make sweet pork salads or burritos enchilada style, try making this. It is so easy and yummy. I had tried several different recipes to get that sweet pork I love so much. I finally found something that worked by accident. I had a recipe that called for green enchilada sauce, but I did not have any, so I decided to use regular red enchilada sauce. It was amazingly similar and tasty.

All you need is a pork butt or shoulder roast (These are the roasts that shred best)
Sprinkle on a little garlic salt, pepper and cayenne if you like it spicy. Cook in the oven or in a slow cooker for 4-5 hours until the roast is done. Drain the grease and take out any bones. It should be easy to shred with two forks.

Next, mix equal portions of enchilada sauce and brown sugar. You can use mild, medium, or hot. It just depends on how spicy you want it. It will not be spicy at all if you use mild, but it is still tasty. I used one cup of sauce and one cup of brown sugar. Mix these two in a bowl then pour over the roast and stir in. Let it warm up.

We like to make a salad or put this in warm flour tortillas with rice and black beans, cheese and sour cream. I have made enchiladas with the pork before and then poured green enchilada sauce on top. Easy and so good.


I asked Josh to bring me some brown sugar from the storage room. He sent it via remote control car. I could feel something hitting against my shoe. I was wondering what was taking him so long, then I saw him squatting down at the top of the stairs with his remote control. I looked down and there was the sugar. Funny! He turned sixteen this week. We got his drivers license on his birthday. Now he just needs some insurance. I would feel more comfortable if he would just continue to drive the little remote control car and stay off the road.





Shredded!

4 comments:

  1. That's a recipe I can remember. I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try it. Have you tried it yet with your homemade enchilada sauce? Is it any good that way?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not tried it with the homemade enchilada sauce. I think it might be a little thick, but worth trying with a little less flour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made the sweet pork last week and my family L O V E D !!! it. Thanks again for sharing all your yummy recipes.

    ReplyDelete