Thursday, April 29, 2010

Recap of April 2010

I have not been very good about blogging this month.  It has been busy but very good.  I am so glad that I see signs of spring everywhere.  I truly dread winter. 

We had our annual April Fools Dinner.  Notice the hats we ended up wearing and the lovely assorted kitchen utensils we had to eat with.  I had everyone choose what they wanted to have for dinner.  They could not tell anyone else.  It was interesting.  We had stuffed hamburgers, invisible Koolaid, meatloaf that was actually cocoa pebbles and fruit snack pieces made into a loaf, Trix cereal, chocolate cookies, and pink cookie wafers.  Too many sweet things, but then we are just fools that day, and it is fun.





We went to Disney Land for spring break.  It was so nice to be warm, and we had a great time.  We stayed in Henderson Nevada the first day of our trip then drove the next day to Anaheim.  It was General Conference Weekend.  We were able to hear conference via I-Phone while we traveled.  On Sunday we went to the Newport Beach Chapel next to the temple to watch the last session of conference.  We then drove to our hotel to check in.  A little earthquake hit as Josh and I were entering the lobby of the hotel.  The chandeliers in the dining area were swaying back and forth. 

We went to Disney Land and California Adventures for three days then went to see the Mormon Battalion Visitor Center and the beach on the fourth day.  It was so nice to get away.




Last week I drove to Bear Lake when the kids had a day off school.  Josh, Jenicca, and Juliana came with me.  We went to check out a cabin we will be staying in this summer.  We went to the beach for a few minutes.  No one else was there.  The water was cold, but it was fun.  We could hear frogs and wished we had some waders or boots to go catch a few tadpoles.  Next time!!





1 comment:

  1. Love your blog, recipes, and April Fools celebration! I try most of your dinner recipes but not always the treats -- no time to cook extras I guess (I'd rather quilt).

    I can't believe an earthquake found you on your little vacation!

    ReplyDelete