Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Fun Easter Recipe


Chocolate Marshmallow Eggs
I remember my mom making these when I was little.  They were pretty and yummy.  I wanted to teach the activity day girls how to make them and have some for family too.  We made them at the girls retreat with my sisters-in-law and mother-in-law this past Saturday too.  They turned out pretty good.  You can add flavored oils to the marshmallow mixture.  I have not tried that yet, but plan to next time I make these sweet treats. 
1 package Knox gelatine
½ cup water
Mix together in a deep bowl.  Set the bowl aside.

Then in a nonstick pan, bring 2/3 cup water and 2/3 cup sugar to a boil and boil to a soft ball stage.
Pour this over the gelatine in the bowl and beat with an electric mixer until elastic.

 Add :
½ tsp. vanilla
2 Tbsp cornstarch
2 Tbsp powder sugar
Dash of salt

Pour into flour mold. ( Put Flour in a bowl. Make an egg shape with a spoon, egg, or plastic egg in flour)
Chill.   Take the eggs out with a fork, then dip in melted milk chocolate or almond bark.  Chill, then decorate with decorator icing.

No comments:

Post a Comment