Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween


After the stitches were removed.  The super glue is still holding on. 


Scary dracula teeth!

Happy Halloween!  Lots of things happening this past week.  I spent a week in Casper Wyoming with my sister Patrea and her family.  She had surgery on her neck 2-1/2 weeks ago.  Her stitches were removed on Tuesday, but she still has some restrictions of no repetitive lifting overhead and not lifting over 10 pounds.  It was fun to visit with them.  I miss them already and wished they lived closer.  Juliana and Ty had fun playing together and getting into mischief while I was cleaning or cooking. (They gave a talking doll a bath on the carpet with my water bottle, then on the bed.  Juliana got into my purse to find gum.  They ate the whole pack minus one stick in one sitting.) Good thing they are so cute and funny. 

I came home on Wednesday.  Thursday was a day for a preschool Halloween party and a Halloween carnival for the primary children at night. 


Saturday we went to South Jordan for cousin Ivan's baptism.  It was nice to visit with family.  I saw Lisa, one of my college roommates, there.  Her nephew was getting baptized the same day from the same ward as Ivan.  It was so fun to see her again and chat. 

I tried something new with baking this week.  I am a happy owner of a new Bosch mixer, so now I want to bake more.  I think I may understand the glee my grandmothers must have felt when they finally had electric washers and dryers.  I appreciate the quickness, ease, and comfort this gadget brings.   I made some banana cake and perfect chocolate frosting.  Then I made some fondant.  I rolled it out and cut little ghost and pumpkin shapes to place on the cake.  It was fun. 

Karen, Doug, Nick, and Ethan came over for Halloween soup, then the kids went trick-or-treating.  I loved their costumes, very funny!

They are only 9 and 11!




3 comments:

  1. Fun, fun. Love the costumes. You will love your Bosch. My old one is still going strong after more years than I want to count. They are the best! So are you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patrea's incision looks much better than the last pict posted by Marie. I hope she is doing better. I don't know how she can even do her own hair not being able to raise her arms up too high. It sound like a horrible ordeal. Glad you could help her out after "mom" went home.

    Your ghost treats look WONDERFUL and the "old men" costumes are PERFECT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How neat that you were able to go spend a whole week with Patrea. Glad she is doing so much better.
    Love the costumes. Karen's boys are such a hoot. Can't imagine where they get it. HaHa.

    ReplyDelete