Monday, September 6, 2010
Recipes
Zucchini Specialties
These are so yummy. I always forget to take pictures of these. They do not last long around my house. They are my personal favorite.
The Worlds Best Chocolate Zucchini Brownies
2 cups sugar ½ cup cocoa
1 cup vegetable oil ½ cup evaporated milk (or vanilla soy milk)
3 eggs 2 cups grated zucchini
1 teaspoon water 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1 Tablespoon vanilla
2 ½ or 3 cups flour
¼ tsp. Baking powder
1 tsp. salt
Mix sugar, oil, eggs, water, and vanilla together. Add the dry ingredients and stir well. Stir in the milk, then add the zucchini and nuts. Spread on a greased jelly roll pan (Cookie sheet with sides). Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Allow to cool and frost with Perfect Chocolate Frosting.
Perfect Chocolate Frosting
1/2 cup butter
2/3 cup cocoa
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Zucchini Snack Cake
½ cup margarine ½ cup oil
1 ¾ cups sugar 2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla 1 tsp. soda
2 ½ cups flour ½ tsp. cinnamon
4 Tbsp. cocoa 1/2 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt ½ cup milk (sour)
2 cups shredded zucchini
Cream eggs, vanilla, sugar, and fats. Add dry ingredients, alternating with milk. Add zucchini. Put in greased 9x13 pan. Top with ½ cup chopped nuts, ½ cup chocolate chips, and ½ cup brown sugar. Bake at 325 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
(I mix the chopped nuts, chocolate chips and brown sugar in a bowl, then sprinkle over the top of the cake batter before baking)
Southwestern Cobb Salad
All I can say about this is WOW! We loved the flavor of this. This was a filling meal. I served whole wheat dinner rolls with the salad, and that is it. It has so many fun mixtures that taste great with the Green Godess dressing. Find the recipe here http://www.melskitchencafe.com/?s=Cobb+salad
I think sweet corn would be a good addition to the bean salsa. We did not add parsely to the dressing and it was still delicious. I also used leftover marinaded grilled chicken and some rotisserie chicken pieces instead of the chicken recipe.
I am going to have a guest blogger tomorrow. He will share the recipe and instructions for fried grasshoppers. I find it a little disgusting, but I can't help feeling a little intrigued by them too. This is what happens when your husband travels out of the country. We try all kinds of things we would not have known about otherwise. Grab a bucket with a lid and your butterfly nets. This is going to be fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yum! Lucky me, I got to eat lots of your Zucchini Brownies and they are really yummy. Thanks for the recipes. I'm probably going to pass on the grasshoppers, though :), but it was good to hear from Phil.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the Zucchini Brownie recipe. Something else to do with my crop.
ReplyDelete