Sunday, January 24, 2010

Wounded

This is not very appetizing or pleasant, but Josh had another wound this week.  He was excited to go play basketball and was joyfully bounding down the stairs.  A baby doll stroller was at the foot of the stairs so he decided to jump up.  To his suprise, the landing above the stairs made contact with his head and cut it open.  He had a 2 inch gash that bled like crazy.  He did not get stitches.  He will have a scar, but it won't be visible unless he goes bald.  He did not play ball that night either.  He spent his time holding a towel on his head to stop the bleeding then getting bandaged up and taking it easy.  He did play ball the next afternoon, even though I really discouraged it.  I could just picture the ball coming down on his head or someone's elbow, chin, knee, etc.  He made it through the game without incident.

4 comments:

  1. Yikes--I hope Josh isn't starting another accident streak. I'm glad it wasn't worse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys should keep a running total to all his incidents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just never lose your insurance! :) Hope Josh is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete